Pages

Saturday 10 October 2015

Book Musings - Songbird by Sydney Logan


Songbird ebook

Title : Songbird
Author : Sydney Logan
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Source : Free copy from the author via Inkslinger PR

One bridesmaid. One groomsman. One classic wedding hookup. But for Callie and Devin, their weekend of passion is anything but typical.

Callie Franklin doesn’t do one night stands.

 Ever.

 She’s far too responsible and focused on her career to ever let herself give in to temptation. But, on the eve of her best friend’s wedding, she meets that temptation . . .

 And his name is Devin McAllister.

 Devin, on the other hand, has no problem with meaningless hookups. The very last thing he needs—or wants—is a relationship.

 Relationships come with strings.

 Relationships come with heartbreak.

 A late-night encounter in the hotel’s piano bar finds the two unable to resist each other. With her angelic voice and bright blue eyes, Devin’s sure he’s never met anyone as beautiful as his Songbird.

 Six weeks later, when two pink lines confirm Callie’s worst fears, she and Devin have to face the consequences of their wild weekend.

 And they have to deal with each other—whether they like it or not.

 With a love story that’s far from traditional, Callie and Devin begin to wonder if their one-night stand could turn into something neither of them anticipated.

 A happily ever after.

  Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Goodreads

My Musings : 

Another new author to add to my list of favourite romance authors! This is another first author for me.

It was an intense read which nearly made me tear up in a few places. The premise was what attracted me to the book at first and then came to quickly love the characters. I was able to relate to each and every character I met in the book. The author has done a great job of writing a cast who touch all your emotions atleast once.

Callie, though independant, had her share of insecure moments while Devin kind of put me off with his attitude at the beginning. But I warmed up fast to him as the story progressed. Both of them had past hurts to get through first before opening up to each other. The struggle and the way they cope make for a delightful read with its share of humourous and emotional incidents. Devin especially made me fall in love with him with his sweet way of dealing with Callie's hormones. He is THE dream guy!!

Throughout the tale, I saw Callie and Devin deal with their demons and making the most of their situation and grow from strength to strength with the help of family and friends. Callie's special bond with Megan and Lorie with their contrasting characters and the same relationship of Devin's with Simon and Owen had me a tiny bit jealous.

Devin's parents are the best support for Callie and I think they are perfect. I especially loved Shy and all the remembrances had me sniffling while reading. Callie's dad cheered me up with his obvious love for her while her mom made me wince in sympathy. They each played their own role in this sweet story.

So, overall, I can say that I loved this book and I am looking forward to the author's other books. I think my first read has made me expect more from her in the future.

My one line review : A sweet intense romance with loads of friendship, family values and belief!

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 4/5

Floryie

No comments:

Post a Comment