Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

Fantasy Friday - Guest Post by Ann Livi Andrews


I think that the story of the little girl dreaming of growing up to go on some adventure that sets her apart of the crowd and helps her understand why she’s always felt so different is pretty typical of female fantasy authors.

I never felt like I really fit in growing up, but honestly, I never tried to fit in. I liked that I listened to different music and watched different movies than the other kids in my classes. I liked that I didn’t have to participate in the drama and the giggling/name calling that most girls get roped into. I liked that I was mature. I liked that I had goals. And I loved the stories and daydreams that constantly played across my mind.

I always knew that I wanted to be a writer, but everyone discouraged me. “Be a dentist,” my grandmother said. “They make good money and the education isn’t that expensive.” “Be a teacher,” my parents said. “You’ll always have a job.”

Part of the appeal of being a fantasy author, for me, is the unknown. So while I got that English Education degree, I never became a teacher. Instead, I’ve spent my time with less intensive jobs where I had the ability to maintain my focus on my daydreams during the day.



The Two Lands: Return comes from many of those daydreams. It’s the result of 9 years of working and reworking and gathering up the courage to self-publish. While none of it was easy, I’m happy at all I went through during that time as it helped to mold my work and my nature as an author.

I’m now currently working on the sequel and hope to have it ready to publish sometime in 2016. For a limited time, if you subscribe to my Author Newsletter by Clicking Here, and you mention this website in the comment box, you’ll receive a sneak peak of The Two Lands: Journey!

I think that part of what I love about writing fantasy is that you get to escape the mundane. The world around us loves to solve mysteries and take the fantastic away from  us. I really don’t want to believe that the Loch Ness monster is just a catfish. I love hanging onto the possibility that there are some phenomenal things out in the world that we just can’t explain. And I intend to continue to hang onto that possibility.

Links

Website: www.annliviandrews.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnnLiviAndrews
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnnLiviAndrews
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/AnnLiviAndrews
The Two Lands: Return: http://www.amazon.com/Two-Lands-Return-1/dp/1515130274

No comments:

Post a Comment